The SASTM’s Mission is to guide the profession in all aspects relating to the practice of travel medicine, liaise with the travel industry, consult with relevant authorities, advise the public and collaborate nationally and internationally on all aspects relating to Travel Medicine.
The goals of the Society are:
- To promote excellence in the practice of Travel Medicine.
- To act as a local and international reference body on Travel Medicine.
- To serve as an advisory body on Travel Medicine to the South African Department of Health.
- To facilitate local and international collaboration in the field of Travel Medicine.
- To promote, facilitate and accredit the education of health care professionals in the practise of Travel Medicine.
- To prepare technical guidelines on Travel Medicine.
- To encourage excellence in appropriate research and professional publication in Travel Medicine
SASTM EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE 2019
MRS LEE BAKER – PRESIDENT
DR MAX WINKLER - PRESIDENT ELECT
DR SALIM PARKER – IMMEDIATE PAST PRESIDENT
DR GARTH BRINK – PROJECT MANAGER
DR JUDY HOARE - TREASURER
DR ALBIE DE FREY – COURSE CO-ORDINATOR
PROFESSOR ADRIANO DUSE
DR ROCHELLE LEE
SR MADELEINE DERCKSEN
SR SUE KELLY
Registered as a Nonprofit Organisation 063-296-NPO